Monday, March 24, 2008

Katie's Birthday!

Today we celebrate Katie's 6th birthday----again! I say again because we celebrated yesterday (at Grandma and Grandpa's, with Aunt Letha, Uncle Rich, and Matt) and on Thursday last week, and will be celebrating again on April 5th (party with friends from church and school), and finally with Oma and Opa when they come in mid-April, however...TODAY...IS THE BIG DAY! Katie seems nonplussed. She hid when August and I sang "Happy Birthday" to her this morning. I think we embarrassed her a little, but I'm okay with that! She did not seem to mind hearing the story of when she was born, even with interruptions from August. Later today we will bake a birthday cake for supper. She's looking forward to that!

We (Katie and I) have spent the last several days, since Thursday, sick with the flu. It is the most sick I have been since Katie's birth, I think. We have both been coughing frequently, run temperatures over 101, had sinus pressure and headaches and generally feel terrible. We've bonded by cuddling under warm blankets, coughing, napping, drinking warm tea, and breathing in the delightful smells of Vick's Vaporub and Katie's nebulizer treatments together. It's better than suffering alone! :-) I think we'd both rather be well, but recovery is slow. Meanwhile we are trying to keep our germs to ourselves, Bret and August have remained impervious thus far!

No comments: