Well, Columbus Day...aka Canadian Thanksgiving...aka an excuse to stay home and make pumpkins...aka an excuse to make a turkey dinner...aka fun with pumpkin seeds...
We had a lovely day home (the three of us, since Dad had to work) and spent several hours cooking turkey, carving pumpkins, roasting seeds, and (of course) eating turkey, yum. Well, Bret got to eat some turkey for supper too! The kids thought the raw turkey was gross, but took some time to touch it and check it out inside and out! (Followed by some serious handwashing!) We baked two pumpkins and scooped out the soft flesh for pie. We smelled the baking turkey and seeds! It was a lovely day!
2 comments:
I'm glad you celebrated Thanksgiving with turkey and pie! I think that Thanksgiving in October makes so much more sense.
I'm glad you celebrated Thanksgiving with turkey and pie! I think that Thanksgiving in October makes so much more sense.
Post a Comment