Monday, December 15, 2008

More Pictures from our trip to Florida...












We couldn't help but notice the Canadian flag on some of the equipment at NASA's Kennedy Space Center.










The rockets at night were spectacular. We didn't get a good picture of the Space Shuttle in the sky. It looked like a shooting star on the camera. I was probably the most excited about seeing the launch. The kids were getting tired and bored, but I was just making comments like, "Can you believe that those astronauts get to go into space?" and "Wouldn't it be great to be an astronaut?" "I wonder what the earth looks like from the moon..." you get the picture...I was trying to get them engaged. They did seem somewhat interested, but neither of my kids are dreaming about becoming astronauts at this point in their lives. Oh, well...










Katie visited Minnie's House at Disney's Magic Kingdom. She took the opportunity to rest a little! The kids were really great about all the walking. We hoped that waiting would mean we wouldn't have to worry about packing along a stroller and all the extra stuff that goes with it. It was easier to just carry a backpack with the necessities.











Meeting the characters seemed to be the highlight of the trip. Here we are having a character breakfast with Winnie-the-Pooh and friends. They came around to all the tables for photo ops and to sign autograph books.










Katie expressed a desire to go on a "date" with Daddy during the trip. She envisioned dressing up in her best dress and Daddy wearing a suit. She was hoping I would curl her hair and let her wear lip gloss...since we didn't have Daddy's suit or Katie's dress along on the trip (I know, it's shocking that we forgot them!!!) we opted for eating out at a restaurant and sitting at separate tables for one-on-one time with our kids. You can see that Katie is curtsying in true princess fashion. August spent most of the time talking with me about the development of a car that can fly and runs all day on one potato. I thought this would be a very good development to reduce energy consumption and suggested that he begin working on it right away. :-)











We did have a wonderful time together. I will probably follow up with a few more entries from our trip, but I'll try not to bore you too much!

Blessings!

1 comment:

Janestown said...

It's not a bore at all...please post more! I like August's potato car idea. :)