Okay, the sky is not falling. And the "chickens little" are really not that little anymore. They are three weeks old. The chicks are growing and eating and pooping! They are trying really hard to fly (with little success--they can get on top of the waterer) and have gotten used to my frequent visits with food and water. Bret gets his entertainment by dropping one small shaving of paper or cardboard into the "coop." The chicks respond by grabbing the slip of paper and running off, then stealing it from each other. They snatch the paper from each other and try to get it all to themselves! It is very funny to watch--you'll have to take my word for it until I can figure out how to get a video on my blog. It was surprising to me how time can fly as I sit and watch the chickens interacting. They are generally quite active. Even when they are all sleeping they nudge each other and ruffle their feathers. We've lost two, but I think the 24 that remain are healthy and will survive.
More pictures will follow soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment