Praise God...the work continues...and we are still intact--mostly! (A lot of sore muscles) We decided that for this project we would begin each day that we work on our kitchen with a time of prayer. This was in the hope that God would bless our efforts, give us patience with ourselves and each other, keep us safe, and give us strength to work and work hard!
We are also trying to find time to do our Christmas shopping, have some moments of fun, take time for our kids (who don't think remodelling is fun and who voted to keep the old kitchen), and get our Christmas cards and packages sent. The most challenging thing so far has been the removal of the old flooring in preparation for "Tile Guy" to come and put in the new sub-floor and new tile.
One never knows what one will find when one attempts to renovate an old house...
During the remodel, I have been trying to use the opportunity to learn something about myself--like why I like to fix up old houses...hmmm... I have come to some conclusions. First, when my hubby and I look for a new house to buy, we don't just see the actual house...we see the possibility of what the house can become...with a little TLC. Therefore, we approach house buying and future project planning simultaneously. Crazy... I was thinking more about this lately and thought that perhaps in some ways that's how God sees us.
God sees not only what is actually there, but also the possibility of what we can become if we let God do some renovations...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment