Friday, May 6, 2011

Soap Making Fun

I tried soap making yesterday. Below is the large chunk before I cut it up into the bars above. I really had fun doing this. I got the idea and thought I'd give it a try. Actually a little nervous about doing it right...but it turned out great in the end. This batch is made with organic coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, vegetable oil, (of course, lye and water) and peppermint extract. It smells minty and fresh. Unfortunately I have to wait 4 weeks for it to cure before using it. I'm trying now to find some creative ways to package it for storage after curing. There are tons of blogs about soap making and I'm looking forward to trying something more creative (with different additives) to see how it goes...

1 comment:

Mrs. Mike said...

I love that you made soap! I want to do that!