Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cold day for a ride.

Me and my hubby spent a little of our Sunday afternoon (it was sunny but cold) braving the early March winds. I got on the back of Bret's new motorcycle (first time in 13+ years) and went for a lovely but bitingly cold ride. Didn't go far and it took me a cup of cocoa and several hours wrapped in a blanket before my bones didn't feel the chill.

On the way out (I must confess) I spent most of the time in prayer. Reminding God that there's so much still to do before I'm whisked away. :-)

I know it's morbid, but you must remember that in addition to getting pregnant, we also had a motorcycle accident prior to giving it up many years ago.

On the way home, I began to relax and enjoy the feel of the wind. I reminisced about warmer days and happy memories.

I confess that, at 20, when I first started riding, my frontal lobe (in the brain) had not yet fully developed and I was certain that nothing bad could happen as long as we were together. :-) These days (although I am certainly more deeply in love with the man) I am more realistic about the risks. Nevertheless, we enjoyed the opportunity to get out just the two of us and now I will wait for a MUCH warmer day to do this again!

No comments: