Monday, December 24, 2012
It's Christmas Eve Day. We are at home. The kids and I slept in...dear hubby seems unable to achieve this feat...he watched the weather channel in bed while waiting for me to wake up...lol. After getting up we enjoyed the breakfast of champions (and our family favorite) pflinzen (aka crepes) with combinations of cinnamon sugar, syrup, and, yes, pb & honey. Then we read, relaxed, watched tv and played games. Bret made a quick dash to our favorite store, Menards (home improvement) to buy supplies for a new wood rack for the shop. He came back laden with wood (they had a sale) which he has connived the children into helping him move. I spent some more time reading and relaxing (in between loads of laundry). Now I'm gearing up to make lunch/dinner: kabanade (I realized I don't know how to spell this, but Bret calls it farmer's pork chops), baked potatoes, and steamed broccoli. Tonight we have a candle light service at church and will open a few presents before turning in for the night. It looks to be a relaxing and fun Christmas at home this year...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment