The Bible says, "It is God who directs the lives of his creatures; everyone's life is in his power" (Job 12:10 TEV).... It is only in God that we discover our origin, our identity, our meaning, our purpose, our significance, and our destiny.
Sunday we saw the Peoria Rivermen play the Manitoba Moose (HOCKEY, YAY!!!). Well, we ended up meeting some friends at the hockey game. They brought their kids and we brought ours. It was a good game, but would have been better without the kids. Katie was oblivious to the game, choosing instead to play with toys she brought and climb the bleachers. August kept cheering LOUDLY for the Manitoba Moose (which caused some other observers to look in our direction). Although we couldn't totally blame him, since they were playing better! The Rivermen had more shots on goal, but the Moose won 4 to 2! I cheered--when I could actually watch the game--for both teams. Next time--I'll go by myself. :-) Just kidding!
I am reading Suze Orman's book Women and Money and I'm learning a lot already. It gives tips on empowering women to be more in control of their financial lives. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in managing money more effectively.
I'm also reading Madeline L'Engle's A Wind in the Door because August (age 9) is beginning to read this series and I like to keep a step ahead of him. That way I can talk with him about the books and answer questions intelligently.
Katie (almost 6) has begun to read short words and is about to make the leap to reading beginner books independently. She occasionally is sounding out larger words on her own and with the help of pictures does a great job. This is so exciting!
Yesterday I went cross-country skiing for the first time in ages! Today I am in slow-motion because there are some unidentified sore muscles in my legs and back. It will probably take a few days to recover!
We are enjoying life and hoping for an early spring! I can't wait to get into the garden and yard again. I have some exciting plans for the front yard! Hopefully I'll have time and energy to make the transformation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know what you mean about the gardening bug. Enough snow already! Welcome to blogland.
Hey Angela! It was great to catch up on you and your family! I didn't get a Christmas letter out to any of our friends and families, so feel a little like I've lost touch with a lot of people! Anyway, I'm completely in agreement about the snow and cold. It was warm today (27F). I can't wait until my definition of warm at least gets us above freezing! We've had an incredible amount of snow this season. Over 85 inches...which beats an all-time record for this area! Please say hello to Bret and the kids. Thanks for sending me your blogspot!
Post a Comment