So, the first thing I'll do is explain why it's been so long since I've updated this blog...we've been very busy! Okay, I'm sure we all are and this is not a good excuse, but hey, it's true! :-) The kids finished soccer in mid-May with a tournament. They both won trophies (so did all the other participants) and felt proud of themselves, so I suppose it was worth it!
The kids finished school on May 23rd and with great joy and celebration they welcomed summer vacation! It was a happy day, full of anticipation and unplanned time. The next day they were bored. Go figure!
We immediately began planning our first summer trip--to St. Catharines, Ontario (to visit with Angela's mum and extended family). The highlight of this trip was a one year old boy--Benjamin--the kids' newest cousin. You'll see him in some of the following pictures. During our visit we also spent two days at Marineland (amusement park/zoo) and one day at the African Lion Safari (strangely located near Brantford, ON). We also drove by Niagara Falls. One of the rides at Marineland, called Sky Screamer, affords an aerial view of the Falls. (While completely terrifying its occupants!)

Katie got an opportunity to pet and feed a beluga whale. She also enjoyed the company of her uncle Allan when she got tired of all the walking! August was chosen to "teach" a dolphin to sing and dance during a show (also at Marineland). His reward was an inflatable dolphin. I also couldn't resist an opportunity to take a picture of the walrus seeming to chew on his "fingers." The last picture is my brother Stephen and sister-in-law Heidi with the kids on a pirate boat.
The following pictures are from our visit to the African Lion Safari. The cute little guy in the swing is Benjamin. The cute big girl in the baby swing, trying to get Ben's attention is, of course, Katie! I thought it was funny how the primates climbed all over someone else's car (we rode in the bus) in the drive-through part of the safari adventure!
Well, it's late, so I'll try to make another installment tomorrow. Maybe one that won't be like a commercial for southern Ontario! Peace!










No comments:
Post a Comment