Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Party Fit for a Princess!

Our daughter will be 7 years old this month! When she was born, we worried about her making it to her first birthday. We spent weeks while she was a preemie at the hospital worrying and praying for her. Then when she finally came home we were surprised at how much more quickly she began to gain weight and thrive...

Now we are wondering about the monster we created...The pink parasol holding, twirly-dress spinning, shiny pink or purple nail sporting, sparkly shoe wearing, "Mom I really, really want to wear a dress" saying, GIRL. I KNOW she didn't get this from her mom who is happiest in flannel and blue jeans!
[On the other hand we have a son who prefers sweat pants and who told me once (when I was getting ready for a "date" with daddy) that he liked the mom who wears jeans and goes camping better!]

Well, the seventh birthday is special and we are transforming our ordinary home (or some of it at least) into a castle fit for a princess! We will all wear our finest and invite some neighborhood royalty (from Katie's classes at school and church) to a Royal Ball, Royal Banquet and Royal Scavenger Hunt. (For August we transformed our basement into a jungle one year for a Wild Adventure Birthday Party.) I imagine that party pictures will follow for those who are curious how a ranch home in the mid-west can become castle-like. I think you'll have to use your imagination quite a bit! :-)

Blessings!

No comments: