I've been making homemade laundry soap for several months, but it never quite turned out with the consistency I wanted. Today we have a victory! It is looking just how I hoped and finally I have inexpensive laundry soap that meets my standard. Yay! If you'd like the recipe...just keep reading. It certainly beats Tide's price ($20 for about 3/4 gallon.) I made about 3 gallons for about $5.00!
Laundry Soap
2 bars Fels-Naptha Laundry Bar Soap (grated)
2 cups borax
2 cups washing soda
water
Mix 1 gallon water with the grated bar soap in a large pot on the stove over medium heat until dissolved. Add the borax and then the washing soda, stirring till dissolved, or a little longer. Should begin thickening in the pot. In clean 5 gallon bucket pour 1 gallon warm water, then add soap mixture and stir well. Add additional 2 quarts/liters of warm water and stir more. Voila! Use about 1 cup per large load.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment