Saturday, January 9, 2010

January 2010

Happy New Year!

For Christmas my husband bought me the Star Wars trilogy (yes, the ones from the 70's and 80's) only they've added some scenes to the new DVD's. (Slightly off-putting to those of us who were very used to the original, but also cool with the new scenery.) The kids have shown a lot of interest in the movies, so we've spent the first part of January 2010 experiencing Star Wars again, for the first time. August got a lot of the action figures for Christmas too, so we are re-enacting parts of the show too! All Star Wars, all the time!

Today I did kick my kids outdoors despite the cold. We got super bundled, checked for eggs in the coop and spent a little while playing a very unusual version of capture the flag (or yellow boot in my case). The chickens don't seem to mind the weather, except that they can't get out of the coop (they really don't like the deep snow) and their water sometimes freezes, despite twice daily water changes.

Bret is away at a conference this weekend, so I decided I needed a painting project. The next room on our project list from last year is Katie's. So I took on the closet. It was a dull yellowish color with brown trim. It is now white and fresh and clean. Yay! Tomorrow afternoon I plan to put Katie's room together again and get her help with sorting and removing some toys to send to Goodwill. We generally try to purge toys before or after the holidays to make room for the new acquisitions. :-)

We haven't had our New Year goal setting/planning meeting (sans enfants) for 2010 yet. I'm hoping we'll find time to do this, if only for the good feeling we'll get from crossing off the things we've gotten done. Of course, we'll also be confronted with the goals we have completely forgotten about or abandoned. But, perhaps we'll get some new energy to tackle projects that seemed overwhelming before. Well, Happy New Year to all of you! I wish you success in reaching the goals set before you!

May the Force be with you! ;-)

No comments: