Wednesday, January 13, 2010

To ski or not to ski...

Yesterday I took an opportunity to go cross-country skiing at nearby Rock Island Trail. I only went for about a 1 1/2 mile distance. With my 21 year-old cross country skiis, (yeah, I got them when I was 16!) I went out for the first time this year and was really proud of myself when I didn't fall over once! :-) Unfortunately, cross-country skiing is great exercise and uses a lot of muscles you don't normally use! Last night I went out to take care of my chickens and realized as I bent over to close the door, that I am not a spring chicken myself anymore! (Ha!) I am so sore today. My pride at not falling over is now replaced with chagrin that I am so out of shape. I guess I'll just have to get back at the skiing more regularly. Or something.

No comments: