Okay--it's time for a new project at last! The renovation of the heart of our home...
Six years ago when we bought this house the first thing I said to my husband was--"We are not leaving the kitchen for the last project!" (this was because we sold our house in Wisconsin only a few short months after completing our kitchen renovation) But, we needed a guest room for our out of town guests...and we needed to replace the flooring in our living room...and we needed to finish the basement to make it useable...and we needed a new roof...and a new fence...etc. So, you see why it is now 6 years later and we are just now getting "a round tuit".
I am not complaining---we did need to do those other projects with more urgency than the kitchen (which was usable and in good shape, if not attractive). However it is with great enthusiasm and joy that I announce that we are finally at the point of embarking on this most exciting adventure.
The above are "before" pictures. I hope you will enjoy the ensuing destruction and rebuilding as I blog about it. I have been praying a lot about this remodel and am hoping that God will use it to provide us with some opportunities to tell testimonies of God's grace and goodness. It feels a bit like a heart transplant. It also feels like a true personalizing of the space. Everything is coming out--including the walls and the floor! We are putting a personal touch on this home. Hopefully our new kitchen will glorify God and the new space will be welcoming to the people who enter our home.
No comments:
Post a Comment