Monday, January 3, 2011

Decisions, decisions!

The new year is bringing with it many new decisions to make! What color should the walls, hallway, trim and ceiling be? How many lights are really enough? How should we mount the undercabinet lighting? How high should the shelves in the spice cabinet be? What is the best choice for faucets? What kind of light fixture would be best over the table? ...the list goes on...

I feel that I must choose wisely...yet...if I don't...will it really be the end of life as we know it???

Below you can see the recessed lights we installed last weekend. Bret has been working hard on the electrical wiring and planning for some updates to the plumbing. He's back to work this week so things will slow down a little. However, we are hoping to drywall on Saturday and "drywall guy" will hopefully come next week to do the mudding and sanding for us (yay!).
Here is my current "kitchen" which is located between the laundry room, garage, and hallway in the basement. I have all the necessary items and although it's kind of crowded, I am blessed. I am even able to use my old portable dishwasher.
Below, breakfast at the "kitchen table" in the basement. At least the sun shines in nicely!

No comments: