On Sunday we painted the ceiling and walls with primer. On Monday we painted first coats of paint in the morning and second coats in the afternoon/evening/night. We also hauled in 2000 lbs of tile, 50 lbs of grout, 150 lbs of mortar, and 22 sheets of concrete underlayment (each weighing about 30-40 lbs. Today I am tired.
Last night we got the last coat of paint on the hallway at about 11:15 pm. We spent a little time doing our "ritual staring." (This is when we finish part of a project and sit down to rest, examining our work.) I am happy with the paint colors we chose. Just looking at the color of the wall brings a smile to my face.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Stuck in the basement
It's one of those gray wet winter days. The air is warmer than it's been in a while. Tonight it's supposed to get colder again. I am stuck in my basement. I can't go upstairs because tile guy and his helpers are working there. Lucky for me, I brought all the laundry down to the laundry room before they got here. Lucky. Lucky. Lucky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment