Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lawn mowing and other stuff...

Well, I finally had to mow the front lawn! I take that as an affirmation that it's finally time to wear shorts and enjoy spring. Yay! I mowed the front lawn with the push mower, but am hoping to use a lawn tractor for the rest. (For those who don't know, we have about 1 acre and it's on a hill, so this is a relatively challenging task.) Well, yesterday evening Bret was browsing the classifieds for lawn tractors (ours is really old and needed a new battery and other fixing) and he found a great deal on a Craftsman! So my awesome hubby drove out on Sunday night and got us a newer mower. It looks good, has a nice padded seat, and has more features etc. than our old mower. I'm delighted! I'm really going to enjoy mowing now!

We had a visit from our pastor last week--and sat out on the deck in the backyard for the first time this year. It was wonderful to finally use our backyard for more than putting the dog out. Of course, I'll have to go out in search of "land mines" (thanks to the dog) before the kids go running barefoot out there! :-) We put out a bird feeder all winter with regular wild bird seed. This spring we added a second feeder with black sunflower seeds. The birds LOVE this! Suddenly we are enjoying gold finches, purple finches, several varieties of woodpeckers, chickadees, doves, and more. Yesterday I filled the feeders and one of the birds flew at me! I think either to scare me off or to try to get at the feeder! We can sit out on the back deck and they still come out to the feeders! We are enjoying the view!


The wonderful hubby (whom I mentioned earlier) also tilled our garden on the weekend--YAY--so I am able to get out there and begin planting! Katie has been eagerly anticipating the cherry tomatoes. Last year she would sit with a big bowl of tomatoes and eat as many as we let her!

No comments: